Calling All Upstarters!
DEVOPS ENGINEER WANTED!
Upstart13 is a US-based company of daring people building legendary software, products, and services for companies worldwide, on their terms. We are not the typical offshore company. Companies choose us for several reasons including our incredible people and our consultative approach. We’re all about delivering value and doing big things. We have become a game-changer for teams around the world who look to Upstart’s services as a differentiator.
We are looking to hire a DevOps position with strong Developer experience. The DevOps work will take initial precedence as it relates to a work emphasis in AWS tooling and services for provisioning and managing infrastructure, deploying application code, automating software release processes, and monitoring your application and infrastructure performance. And from a Developer background, this resource has a JAVA, Apache, Struts, JSP foundation, and database (MySQL) level of expertise and comfort.
DevOps experience to impact and take ownership in the following areas:
- Strength in AWS tooling and services for provisioning and managing infrastructure, deploying application code, automating software release processes, and monitoring your application and infrastructure performance.
- Manage environments, upgrade environments, etc. for development, staging, and production as needed.
- Build, deploy, troubleshoot release pipelines with an emphasis on code deployment, test deployment (smoke test config and execution, etc.).
- Manage notifications, configuration, and implementation of automated mail, reporting, etc. upon build completion, issues, or failures.
Database experience to shoulder responsibility in the following areas:
- Manage or own database upgrades or migrations (e.g. MySQL 5.6 -> 5.7).
- Manage or own database replication, backup, and maintenance.
- Manage or own system, tooling and product currency, patching, and maintenance.
- Ability to influence, own and utilize the system or environment monitoring tools.
System or platform administration experience as it relates to addressing user needs.
- Subscription activations, management, etc.
- Ability to manage or work directly in the database to troubleshoot or adjust user-level attributes, configuration, etc.
Development experience to be able to expand the role by moving deeper into troubleshooting and lightweight bug or issue handling:
- JAVA, Apache, Struts, JSP foundation, and database experience (MySQL).
- Solid foundation and experience writing Java code in a development-oriented position.
- Able to troubleshoot legacy code by means of error handling, logging, and various tools or insights as well as the ability to digest the code, update and test at either a unit or integration level.
Any exposure to or knowledge of Ruby would be beneficial from the standpoint of potential future participation in the new platform.
Stack Requirements (Base)
- Java, Struts, JSP, Apache, Tomcat
We put people first at Upstart 13, people before profit! We believe the world is filled with amazing people and we’re willing to go to great lengths to seek out others who share our values to join our cause to change an industry and change lives.
We develop leaders at Upstart, we focus on what matters to do meaningful work, we own our shit, we stay curious, and we understand responsibility leads to giving. We do big things, together!
Job-type: A long-term and full-time job, remote.
Are you ready to join our cause? Be sure to ask, “why 13?”